PitCraft Turkey & Fried Green Tomato BLT
A classic sandwich meets a southern favorite with this combination of bacon, lettuce, and fried green tomatoes alongside PitCraft Slow Smoked Turkey.
Make the Fried Green Tomatoes
- Beat two eggs in a small bowl and place the flour in a separate bowl. In a third bowl, add cornmeal and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover the bottom of a large skillet with the canola oil over medium heat.
- Prepare the tomatoes by dipping each slice into the flour and shaking off any excess, then dunking them into the egg mixture. Allow any excess mixture to drip, then cover the tomato slices with the cornmeal mixture, adding the coated tomatoes to the heated oil.
- Fry the tomatoes until crisp – about 4 to 5 minutes per side – then place on a paper towel lined plate to cool.
Assemble the Sandwich
- Toast the artisan bread slices then distribute the mayonnaise evenly on each slice.
- Layer each topping on two of the bread slices in the following order: lettuce, 2 fried green tomatoes, turkey, and bacon.
- Top with the remaining bread slices to crown your sandwich.