EverRoast Chicken & Butternut Squash Salad
This savory-sweet salad combines EverRoast Chicken Breast, blue cheese, apples, arugula and roasted butternut squash together in the perfect dish for any season.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Cut off narrow portion of squash. Peel and slice remainder into 1/4 inch rounds.
- Use one tbsp. of olive oil to brush each side of the sliced squash and place on a large baking sheet in a single layer. Sprinkle with rosemary, sea salt and pepper.
- Roast the squash, turning once, until softened and browned, about 25 minutes.
- To make the vinaigrette, in a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in remaining 4 tbsp. olive oil and season with more salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large bowl, toss the arugula, roasted squash and sliced apples with enough of the vinaigrette to coat lightly. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Arrange the mixture evenly on 4 plates.
- Cut slices of chicken into strips, about 1 inch wide.
- Place strips of chicken on top of the salad and sprinkle with crumbles of blue cheese.